Reports to: Executive Artistic Director
Employment status: Independent Contractor
Compensation: $500 contract thru the end of the year, or earlier upon the successful completion of the project.
- Commissions at 10% beyond $3000 for FY17, and 10% for sponsorships secured in 2017 for FY18 activities.
- Minimum goal to raise $1,500 for this fiscal year (by 12.31.17), aiming for $3,000+ for 2017, and to set the stage for 2018 sponsorships
Timeline: August - December or until project completion
The Sponsorship Contractor works independently with the support and oversight of the Executive Artistic Director to cultivate and contract with businesses to provide financial sponsorship for Patrick’s Cabaret’s programmatic and communications activity.
ABOUT PATRICK’S CABARET
Founded in 1986 by Patrick Scully, Patrick’s Cabaret is a queer-led performance art incubator supporting the growth and development of artists on the edge of culture.
Our work centers artists of color, with disabilities, and with queer and trans identities. We grow new art and new artists by encouraging artists of all experience levels to try new things, take risks, and present works-in-progress. We connect artists to education, performance platforms, tangible resources, and to each other, to put their talents to work. We build a diverse network of artists committed to forwarding a radically inclusive and progressive creative community where artists on the margins can thrive.
While some organizations separate artistic and administrative roles, we think that the leadership of a modern arts nonprofit requires blurring the distinctions between these competencies, and seek organizers who approach community-building itself as a creative endeavor.
- Review and improve sponsorship package content and structure.
- Develop and cultivate sponsor prospects. Contracting and fulfillment will be executed by staff.
- Raise at least $1,500 in cash sponsorships for programming in 2017, based on the following timeline:
- August 4th - deadline for Open Eye show sponsor. Curated by Eric Tu, an emerging poet, under the theme of cultural taboos at Open Eye Figure Theatre September 8-9th.
- August 10th- deadline for Controlled Burn. Curated by Nicole M. Smith, Rosa Garcia, and Dua Saleh, under the theme of Controlled Burn: Queer Performance for a World on Fire at Intermedia Arts, October 5-7th.
- September 22nd - deadline for CabarABLE. Curated by theater artist Nikki Abramson, featuring artists with disabilities at Pangea World Theatre, November 17-18th
- October 20th - deadline for My Horrifying Holiday. Curated by Baby Patê, underground queer heroic duo Gelli Spinelli and Christian Balden, under the theme of the horrors of the holiday season, Venue TBD, December (TBD 8-9th or 15-16th, depending on venue)
- Monthly - deadlines for Raw Material season. Curated by Scott Artley, monthly at Pinwheel Arts (Aug 24, Sept 28, Oct 26, Nov 30).
- Monthly - deadlines for newsletter sponsorships.
- Proven track record of soliciting sponsors for community and/or arts programming.
- Able to take initiative and self-direct projects with moderate staff assistance.
- Familiarity with and support of Patrick’s Cabaret programming and mission.
Patrick’s Cabaret is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color/Indigenous individuals, people with disabilities, and people with queer and trans identities are especially encouraged to apply.
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, August 25th for priority review. Applications will continue to be received until the position is hired.