Reports to: Executive Artistic Director
Employment status: Part-time permanent (non-exempt)
Compensation: $19.00/hour, approximately 10 hours/week, plus paid time off
The Program Assistant will assist with implementing and communicating about programs serving artists for Patrick’s Cabaret. This position will be focused on digital and print communications, activity and audience tracking through database practices, and support for programs with a focus on Teaching Artist Residencies.
- Coordinate programmatic activity including the Teaching Artist Residency Program.
- Create and manage compelling communications materials that harness and grow the power of our grassroots community.
- Manage statistical activity tracking, database, and administrative operations.
Program Coordination (estimated average 5 hrs per week)
- Assist with call for, hiring, and contracting of Teaching Artists, Workshop Facilitators, and Curators
- Create and distribute program communications (newsletters, calls for proposals, artist packets, etc)
- Serve as additional staff support for designated program events, especially Teaching Artist Residencies
Communications (estimated average 3 hrs per week)
- Work in collaboration with other staff to effectively utilize communications channels and implement communications plans for website, emails, printed matter, and social/new media
- Create internal and external communications, including programs, advanced artist tickets, and postcards, as requested
Administrative Management (estimated average 1 hr per week)
- Track audience attendance and demographics in organizational database
- Track donations and donor information in organizational database
- Collaborate with staff, consultants, Board, partner companies, and performers to gather stories and statistics that demonstrate the organization’s work to funders and the general public
- Strengthen data-capture and database practices to reach appropriate audiences
- Assist with administration of fundraising campaigns including solicitation mailings, online events, and special events.
Community & Field Leadership (estimated average 1 hr per week)
- Contribute to maintaining a climate that attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff of top quality people
Other duties as assigned
- Experience with artist programs, especially teaching artist programs
- Administrative competencies
- Alignment with Patrick’s Cabaret mission and vision
Patrick’s Cabaret is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance.
People of color/Indigenous individuals, people with disabilities, and people with queer and trans identities are especially encouraged to apply.
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, January 2nd for priority review. Please include “Program Assistant” in the subject line.