Reports to: Executive Artistic Director
Employment status: Independent Contractor
Compensation: $100/month for six months, approximately 2-4 hours/week, plus free tickets to Patrick’s Cabaret and aligned performances ($168 value), and artist tickets to sell directly to audiences for Patrick’s Cabaret shows ($200 value, Ambassador retains all money earned by selling these tickets)
The Ambassador Program is a new initiative to bring together a cohort of 5 arts enthusiasts who represent the communities we serve to support and increase support for Patrick’s Cabaret and aligned artists by promoting Patrick’s Cabaret shows, attending allied community events, and representing Patrick’s Cabaret’s mission and vision in the community.
- Attend an orientation with fellow ambassadors to learn organizational history, mission, vision, and talking points, as well as a season overview. Strategize about this work.
- Attend and represent Patrick’s Cabaret at all Patrick’s Cabaret performances in the season, including 4 Cabarets. Residency showcases and special events may also be included.
- Attend up to six non-Patrick’s Cabaret community events/performances per season (tickets paid for by Patrick’s Cabaret) and complete brief surveys after each reporting on artists we should know, prospective audience members to reach out to, and reflections on mission/vision alignment.
- Attend and represent Patrick’s Cabaret at 1-2 community outreach events in the season.
This position would be ideal for a working artist, a frequent patron of the arts, and/or a passionate supporter of Patrick’s Cabaret. Qualifications include:
- Familiarity with Patrick’s Cabaret’s programming and history.
- Personal investment in the success of Patrick’s Cabaret as a platform for experimentation and risk-taking.
- Alignment with Patrick’s Cabaret’s mission and vision
- Strong existing and emerging connections to other mission-aligned individuals and institutions
- Availability to attend performances on evenings and weekends.
- Passion for forging connections, networking, and creative collaboration.
Patrick’s Cabaret is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance.
People of color/Indigenous individuals, people with disabilities, and people with queer and trans identities are especially encouraged to apply.
Fill out this brief google form by Sunday, January 14th at 11:59 pm for consideration. (Application URL: https://goo.gl/forms/Fz1xYLebO7gPGN252)